Banking / Finance Solicitor, Belfast, Suit 2-4 years + PQE. Our client is a multinational professional services firm. They currently wish to recruit a Solicitor to work in their Banking and Finance practice.
Our client helps their customers with the key legal and documentation aspects of debt finance, including mergers and acquisitions, refinancing of existing debt, and asset finance. You’ll work closely with industry-focused colleagues of banking and finance lawyers that are well placed to respond quickly to client needs with business focused solutions, across a significant footprint.
Their New Law services department is one of the most highly regarded and fastest growing practice areas within the network. They have a multi-disciplinary team across multiple regions including Belfast, London, Birmingham and Leeds which is dedicated to providing an exceptional high standard of service. Their teams often work with Consulting, Deals, Tax and other professionals from within their Company to deliver a comprehensive and integrated service to their clients.
Specifically, the role is likely to include:
• Generation, supervision and delivery of work within the Financial Services sector with a focus on investment and asset management.
• Drafting, negotiating, reviewing and assessing a wide range of financial services legal documents including key fund documentation and related material contracts, general fund and client/investor documentation.
• Advising on a range of Financial Services regulatory and commercial matters including Fund structuring, investment management, AIF Compliance, MiFID II, Dodd-Frank, EMIR, UMR, LIBOR transition and other regulatory requirements where necessary
• Supporting clients in delivering large scale, global contract review and remediation programmes resulting from regulatory or market developments.
• Supporting clients in the negotiation of a range of transactions and developing contract negotiation playbooks for clients;
• Supporting clients to leverage technology enabled workflows to support contract preparation, negotiation and execution; and
• Business development
• Qualified solicitor in Northern Ireland, England & Wales or equivalent common law jurisdiction;
• Excellent academic background;
• Experience of advising on a broad Financial Services matters and leading teams providing advice in this sector;
• Strong knowledge of a broad range of financial services regulations;
• Ability to focus on work generation for financial services and to lead teams to deliver such services
• Ability to meet tight deadlines and to thrive in a fast-paced environment;
• Ability to use initiative and a willingness to embrace innovation and continuous improvement;
• Ability to grow and manage a multi-disciplinary team;
• Ability to work both autonomously and as part of a team as and when required;
• Ability to harness new technology to deliver better services, faster;
The ideal candidate will be required to demonstrate the following:
• Excellent communication skills and a positive “can do” attitude - ability to achieve goals through teamwork, direct and indirect influence and collaboration;
• Prior experience growing and managing large teams;
• Good technical legal skills; and
• A keen ability to learn in a fast moving, innovative and technology enabled environment and a desire to be part of the movement to modernise the in-house delivery of legal services and advance the New Law Services practice.
For more details please contact Orla Milligan in confidence by sending your cv through the link above or calling me on 07526839030
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.Apply now
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, why not sign up to our email alerts and we’ll be in touch direct to your inbox when projects and opportunities matching your skills become available.Register
Even if we don’t have a job that’s right just now, you can send us your CV and we can help match you to future opportunities. One of our consultants will be in touch to discuss the best way forward.Upload