With their Headquarters in Omagh our client is successful business who operate in the construction sector are now seeking applications for the post of Accounts Manager.
Reporting directly to the Group Financial Controller, you will provide and manage a comprehensive financial control function that maximises profitability, supports the Group Financial Controller and Senior Management Team and contributes to the successful development of the business.
This is a genuinely superb opportunity to join a business who have enjoyed sustained growth and profitability, and have a number of exciting projects on the table for the foreseeable future.
- Preparation of monthly management accounts for the companies and the group, comparing actual outcomes with budget.
- Preparation of annual budgets for the companies and the group.
- Preparation of financial forecasts and business plans for the business.
- Prepare papers for board and management meetings and attend these meetings to deal with all financial and commercial aspects of the company’s business.
- Ensure appropriate internal control systems are in place within the company to protect the company’s assets and to prevent fraud or errors.
- Efficiently manage the company’s working capital, manage the cash flow and prepare updated cash flow forecasts as required.
- Assist the Group Financial Controller with documentation in order to liaise with the company’s bankers, apply for and negotiate new facilities as required and ensure terms of all facilities, including covenants are met.
- Liaison with external reporting accountants/auditors ensuring full cooperation to meet their requirements.
- Responsible for ensuring company compliance with both HMRC & Irish Revenue tax regulations, particularly for Vat, PAYE and Corporation Tax.
- Preparation of grant claims on behalf of company and submission of same on a timely basis to relevant authority.
- Monitor and analyse margins and costs by contract and identify ways to improve profitability.
- Proactively assist in decision making and reviewing operations. This will involve significant input into strategy, acquisitions, funding and commercial decision making.
- Qualified accountant with a minimum of five years post qualification experience within a fast-paced industry, preferably construction or related
- Experience of cross border trading
- Have significant experience in supporting non-financial managers with appropriate financial information, KPI’s etc.
- Demonstrate strong commercial and business acumen.
- Excellent communication, presentation and interpersonal skills, together with a proactive and positive approach.
Salary is in the region of £40 – 45k + benefits.
For further information or a confidential discussion please email your CV through the link or call +44 2890 826044.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.Apply now