P/T Litigation Solicitor, Belfast, 2 years + PQE.National Law firm wishes to recruit an experienced Litigation Solicitor with experience with Motor/Credit Hire.This is a Part Time Fixed Term contract (approx. 28-31 hours per week).
Our client provides a full range of legal and claims related services to the Northern Irish insurance market. With an extensive level of expertise, from industrial disease and employers’ liability through to catastrophic and counter-fraud claims, the Northern Ireland team provides UK-wide partner-led support with a focus on the requirements of the firms Northern Irish based clients.
The main duties of this role are:
• Create initial case strategy following Client Guidelines and review of information available
• Undertake discussions and negotiations with Insured, Insurer and Third Party Solicitors to pursue the rapid and appropriate settlement of cases and the apportionment of costs
• Undertake Court Hearings to ensure progress is maximised and all actions have been undertaken to bring the case to settlement
• Timely and accurate maintenance of all case management and management information systems to ensure completeness of records and aid business decision making
• Dealing with correspondence and telephone calls
• Undertaking periodic reviews of files in line with Client requirements and Lexcel standards
• Updating reports
• Meeting agreed performance targets
• Ensuring files are kept within ISO 9001 guidelines
• Provide written updates by email or letter to clients detailing case activity to ensure that they receive up to date and accurate information about progress when requested
• To ensure compliance with the LSNI guidelines
Essential Skills and Attributes:
• Previous experience in credit hire a minimum either defendant (preferable) or claimant.
• Experience of small claims and fast track matters
• Previous experience of handling own caseload
• Hold a current practicing certificate from the LSNI
• Good telephone negotiation skills
• Ability to use own initiative
• Ability to plan and prioritise workloads
• Excellent listening and verbal communication skills
• Ability to make decisions
• Ability to remain calm under pressure
• Ability to follow work processes and keep to Strategy yet flexible enough to adapt to change
• Proficient IT skills
This is an excellent opportunity to join a thriving law firm where career development is encouraged.
For more details please contact Orla Milligan at Energis Recruitment through the link above.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.
By applying for this role you are consenting to Energis Recruitment holding your details for a period of 12 months to be considered for other roles. As a candidate you have the right to consent or object to this.Apply now
If you can’t find what you’re looking for, why not sign up to our email alerts and we’ll be in touch direct to your inbox when projects and opportunities matching your skills become available.Register
Even if we don’t have a job that’s right just now, you can send us your CV and we can help match you to future opportunities. One of our consultants will be in touch to discuss the best way forward.Upload